Top 5 WordPress Website Maintenance Services
Running and maintaining a WordPress website is crucial, especially for business owners who manage real-time services. However, some business owners lack the time and resources to both run and maintain their websites.
And unfortunately, if your WordPress website maintenance is ignored, it will suffer from slow loading times and there’ll be higher chances of it being hacked.
WordPress website maintenance services manage your WordPress site for you. This includes taking care of backups, updates, security, and website edits.
In this article, we’re going to share some of the best wordpress website maintenance services that you can use for your WordPress site.
Reasons to invest in WordPress maintenance services
Before getting to the list of services, let’s talk about what WordPress maintenance services actually do so that you know whether or not they’re right for you.
First, there’s the “core” set of maintenance features that nearly every service offers.
- Basic support – e.g., if you have a question about WordPress, they’ll at least point you in the right direction (though you shouldn’t necessarily expect them to fix the issue for you, depending on whether or not it’s in the scope of that service’s offering).
- Managed updates for the WordPress core, theme, and plugins.
- Automatic daily site backups to a secure offsite location.
- Custom development work – usually you’ll need to pay an extra fee for this, though some services give you a certain number of custom development hours each month.
- Unlimited content updates – for example, updating content on your homepage or making a minor CSS tweak.
- Performance optimization-Some maintenance services also offer white-label features, which is great if you’re using Elementor to build websites for clients. Essentially, this means that you can offer the maintenance service to your clients while still using your own email address and branding.
Best Top 5 WordPress website maintenance services
GoWP Bills itself a WordPress support service, they also provide maintenance plans for their users. This includes update management, daily backups, security scans, malware cleanup, and more.
- WordPress core, plugin, and theme updates
- Daily backups
- Daily security scans
- Malware removal
- Content edits
- 24/7 support
- A dashboard plugin so you can monitor tasks from the back end of your site
GoWP has two different plans depending on the features that you need:
Maintenance – $29 per month. Includes all the maintenance features, but not 24/7 content edits.
Content Edits – $79 per month. Includes all of the maintenance features along with 24/7 content edits.
Both prices are per site. You can charge any price to your clients, which gives you full control over your profit per plan.
- The basic maintenance plan is $29/month per site. This includes backups and updates, as you’d expect, but also malware cleanup.
- The “maintenance + unlimited content edits” plan is $79/month. This covers 24/7 support plus all sorts of small tasks (up to 30 minutes each) like tweaking CSS, installing new plugins, and more.
- You’ll need to pay separately if you want tasks that take more than 30 minutes.
- GoWP is aimed at WordPress freelancers and agencies. You may find there’s a bit of a learning curve if you’re just an individual wanting to use it on one site.
2. WP Buffs
WP Buffs offers to take care of almost every aspect of website maintenance for you. A monthly plan entitles you to around-the-clock tech support, CSS tweaks, plugin configuration, various updates, and more.
However, it’s important to note that a big part of what you pay WP Buffs for comes down to plugins. They offer performance optimization and security audits as part of their plans and rely on WP Rocket, WP Smush Pro, and iThemes Security for these tasks.
WP Buffs offers:
- Unlimited website edits (content updates and CSS tweaks)
- Plugin configuration
- Website optimization
- Security optimization
- Theme, plugin, and WordPress core updates.
- Daily cloud backups.
- Emergency support
- Malware removal
- Around-the-clock monitoring
WP Buffs has different pricing plans depending on the exact features that you need. There are a lot of differences, so we encourage you to check the pricing page for specific details. Here are the basic differences, though:
- Maintain – $67 per month. Includes basic maintenance tasks such as updates, monitoring, and backups (1X daily).
- Protect – $147 per month. Everything in Maintain plus unlimited 24/7 website edits, security optimization, twice-daily backups, and iThemes Security Pro.
- Perform – $197 per month. Everything in Protect plus performance optimization, mobile optimization, priority support, 4X daily backups, and WP Rocket/WP Smush Pro.
- Custom plans – there are additional custom plans for specific uses – check the pricing page for details.
- WP Buffs monitors your site constantly throughout the day. If your site goes down, they’ll act within 60 seconds to start fixing it.
- Support is available 24/7, as WP Buffs has team members all over the world.
- Malware removal is only included if you’re on the most expensive of their three plans.
- WP Buffs only updates plugins weekly, not daily. This does mean that they have time to test new plugin updates, though.
Maintainn is another popular WordPress maintenance service that offers both routine support and maintenance services as well as an option to purchase credits for custom development work for larger changes.
The service comes from WebDevStudios, a popular WordPress agency.
- Email and live chat support
- Managed core, theme, and plugin updates, applied on production or staging depending on your plan
- Automatic cloud backups to Amazon S3 – daily, 2X daily, or 4X daily depending on your plan
- 24/7 security monitoring
- Hacked website repair and malware removal
- Uptime monitoring
- Dedicated project manager on higher-tier plans
- Weekly service reports
- Option to purchase “support hours” for custom development work
Maintainn offers three preset plans:
- Standard – $59 per month. Email and live chat support, automatic daily backups, weekly updates, 24/7 security monitoring, $99 hacked website fixes.
- Professional – $179 per month. Everything in Standard plus uptime monitoring, twice-daily backups, eCommerce and Multisite support, free hacked website repairs, and performance checks.
- Enterprise – $299 per month. Everything in Professional plus version control, staging for updates, client review cycle, 4X-daily backups, and a project workspace.
- The “Professional” plan and above include free malware cleaning after a hack.
- Maintainn’s plans come in cheaper than some of the other services we’ve looked at.
- Live chat is only available Monday to Friday, from 9am to 8pm EST. This might be frustrating if you normally work on your site on the weekends.
- You’ll need the “Professional” plan or higher if you want malware removal to be included for free.
GoDaddy WP Premium Support is the evolution of WP Curve, a popular WordPress maintenance service that GoDaddy acquired all the way back in late 2016.
However, GoDaddy WP Premium Support is more focused on technical tasks than basic maintenance tasks like updates and backups.
GoDaddy WP Premium Support Offers:
- Configuration file changes
- Theme tweaks, including PHP and CSS tweaks
- Troubleshooting error logs
- Optimizing or changing data in your database
- Performance optimization
- Fixing common WordPress errors such as the white screen of death or 500 internal server error
There are four different plans:
- 1 credit – $49.99/month
- 3 credits – $79.99/month
- 5 credits – $99.99/month
- 10 credits – $149.99/month
You cannot purchase one-off credits – you can only get them via the monthly subscription. Additionally, unused credits do not roll over to the next month, so every month it’s “use it or lose it”.
Valet is one of the best WordPress website maintenance services that offers professional website management, support, consultation, and development. The service is aimed at businesses that:
- Have a small or no IT team
- Don’t have the technical experience for WordPress maintenance and upkeep.
- Need to free up time to focus on core business activities.
- Need someone to constantly monitor checkout workflows.
What sets Valet apart from other WordPress maintenance services is that it offers WordPress maintenance as a core service in addition to full-service support and development.
The company has a transparent pricing strategy but is a bit expensive as compared to others. This is because they can assist you at the point where others fail.
- Core WordPress Maintenance
- eCommerce Maintenance
- Professional Support and Development
- Audits and Assessments
The maintenance plan itself is $69/month. You can purchase developers’ time by the hour to do whatever you want with your WordPress site, though this isn’t cheap at $175/hour or $150/hour if you pre-pay.
- The maintenance plan is clearly and simply priced, at $69/month. There aren’t several plans to choose from, and you just pay month by month.
- You can add extra WordPress support if you want it. This is paid by the hour and can cover any WordPress jobs at all.
- There’s not much information on the site before signing up. There are no FAQs, for instance. This means it’s not clear how some things work. The maintenance plan promises “regular reporting” but it isn’t clear what this really means.
- The pricing could be more transparent. When you’re offered the option of “Consultation & Support Hours” for a pre-purchase discount, it’s not clear how much these will cost.
Codeable is a wordpress website maintenance services, If you might want a developer to help you to make your site fast and secure.
Unlike other platforms like Upwork, Codeable actually has a strong vetting process which ensures that you only work with the most experienced WordPress developers.
Codeable is a platform where you can hire WordPress experts. If you want a bespoke maintenance package, this could be a great way to find someone who can help.
- Codeable carefully vets the developers they work with. This ensures that you’ll be working with someone who has plenty of experience.
- You can specify exactly what you want. Most dedicated website maintenance services require you to pick from specific plans.
- You won’t know how much your project will cost until you start receiving estimates, usually around a day after posting it.
- You’ll need to come up with a clear idea of what you require. You’ll likely need to answer questions from developers about your project, too. If you’re new to WordPress, it can be tough to know exactly what help you need.
Codeable will give you a single estimate rather than a list of bids. This is to avoid a “race to the bottom” where developers try to undercut one another and you end up with someone cheap but not necessarily skilled.
Their pricing is based on a $70 – $120 hourly rate, plus a 17.5% fixed service fee that goes to Codeable.
FixRunner is one of the most reliable WordPress support companies you will find, they provide 24/ 7 support with an amazing response time of one hour. FixRunner provides both ongoing WordPress care plans and one-time service requests, so you can easily test the level of service with their one-time support service, but you can free to join one of their plans and test it because they offer 30 days money-back guarantee, a quick search in google for ” FixRunner reviews” will show you that you are dealing with true professionals.
Fix Runner team will provide you any WordPress help you need, the service includes daily backups, edits, emergency support, uptime monitoring, regular malware scan, on-page SEO, speed optimization, regular updates and more, when you join the care plans they will do a complete review of your website and they will fix all issues and improve your website performance.
- Dedicated monthly support time (1.5 hours to 4 hours, depending on the plan), with an option to purchase additional time if needed
- Automatic daily offsite backups
- WordPress core, theme, and plugin updates
- Uptime monitoring with immediate downtime alerts
- 24/7 security scans
- Speed optimization
- Dedicated account manager and phone support on the highest-tier plan
- Premium – $69 per month. 90 minutes of support time, automatic backups, updates, uptime monitoring, performance optimization, and security scans.
- Rocket – $99 per month. Two hours of support, plus eCommerce support and on-page SEO optimization.
- Advance – $179 per month. Four hours of support, a dedicated account manager, and phone support (on top of all the other features).
SkyrocketWP includes web hosting from Kinsta on all of their support and maintenance plans, making this a good option for anyone seeking a fast home for their website.
As they’ll migrate your site to Kinsta as part of the signup process, SkyrocketWP takes all of the hassles out of upgrading your hosting environment.
With prices starting from $49 a month, SkyrocketWP is one of the lowest-priced WordPress maintenance and support services around. The fact that these plans include managed WordPress hosting from Kinsta makes them even more financially appealing. What’s more, SkyrocketWP has a page load speed guarantee that will refund you your first month’s payment if your website isn’t faster after they’ve migrated it to their service.
The entry-level plans include daily website backups and real-time security monitoring. You’ll also get your website protected from hackers, and if it does get infected with malware, the SkyrocketWP team will remove it. If you already host your website with Kinsta, then you’ll get a discount on the SkyrocketWP plans if you choose to sign up with them.
Upgrading to more expensive plans, which start at $79 a month, gets you access to weekly WordPress updates, site optimization to make it load even faster, and content updates carried about by the SkyrocketWP team. You’ll also get access to a few premium tools to enhance your website on the top-tier Saturn 5 plan, including a form builder and a lead capture widget.
If you do need to contact SkyrocketWP, you can do so during office hours, unless it’s a hosting issue, then you can get in touch 24/7 via phone or chat.
If you’re looking for a faster web host, then being able to sign up with Kinsta and SkyrocketWP is a great way to migrate to managed WordPress hosting.
Website maintenance and support is very critical for every website. So, investing a few dollars in hiring one of the best website maintenance services for your website is worth it.
A few start-ups or small business owners believe that WordPress website maintenance is a sort of expense they can avoid, especially when they are on a budget. However, it is highly recommended for every website owner to opt for these services, if they need to pursue their short term as well as long term business goals. Proper & professional maintenance service for your website can aid you to get the results it was built for.
The sort of WordPress website maintenance services highly depends on your website’s complexity, nature & its purpose. If you are running a small website, most probably a portfolio page or something else like this, you can go well with less but still, regular attendance is required to make sure that it is optimally serving its purpose.
On the other hand, if your website has heaps of data or huge monthly traffic, it requires more attention or maintenance to handle that load the right way. Also, it is necessary to guarantee the proper & high security of assets on your website & the data of your customers.
Conclusion — Which One Is the Best for You
The best WordPress maintenance service for your needs depends on your budget, knowledge level, and the types of fixes that you want help with.
While almost all of these services help you with basic maintenance tasks such as updates and backups, there are notable differences in the services that you get beyond that.
For example, if you want someone to help out with minor WordPress website edits, you might prefer WP Buffs for its unlimited website edits.
On the other hand, if you want a partner that can dig in and do some custom development work, such as tweaking the PHP in a theme template file or setting up a child theme, you might prefer something like WP Site Care which offers dedicated development hours each month. Or, if you don’t need the basic maintenance, you could use GoDaddy WP Premium Support and its monthly credit system.
Finally, if you’re using Elementor to build client sites and want to offer maintenance services as an upsell to your clients, your two best options are probably WP Buffs. It allows you white-label the service to use your own custom support email address and offer branded reports. It’s a great way to build hands-off recurring revenue and you’ll have full control over what you charge to clients.
Here is a brief overview of the recap of Top 5 WordPress Website Maintenance Services for your business in 2021.
2. WP Buffs
4. GoDaddy WP Premium Support
5. Valet and the bonus:
Check out my 5 recommended ways to make money online in 2021 (which I received numerous emails from my readers for encouraging them to be an ACTION TAKER NOT ONLY READERS.
Have any questions about WordPress maintenance services? Let us know in the comments.