Top 10 Online Freelance Job Sites: If you are searching ahead to taking the huge bounce to enter the world of freelancing, it’s time to capture impactful projects. To assist you, we’ve pulled together and compiled a listing of pinnacle ten freelancing websites for freelancers, the place you can get a range of fascinating and innovative possibilities to step up your freelance enterprise to the subsequent level.
Online freelance web sites and marketplaces are altering the way we work. We can work from anywhere, select how lots we desire to work and at what time we favor it. We don’t have to fear about waking up early to get geared up for the job or even taking a lengthy excursion with our family. And this is particularly true within the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak that caused job cuts all across the globe and pushed the workforce to search for new job opportunities online which provided the freelance websites with a grand opportunity to grow their business and for freelancers to crack remote working projects.
As the freelance subculture grew well-known all through the ultimate decade, thousands of web sites have been launched that supply terrific careers to freelance people and outsourcers. I did some research on the internet and determined the following Top 10 Online Freelance Job Sites that are without a doubt changing the freelance landscape of the world and have already hooked up themselves as mega sources of freelancing and outsourcing.
Top 10 Online Freelance Job Sites
A newer player in the freelance game, Toptal is great for experienced software developers. Their screening process is pretty intense – only accepting the top 3% of developers – so it’s not as easy to get up and running on a project as with some of the other sites listed here.
If you are able to get through the screening rounds, though, it’s a pretty great setup. The service pays really well, higher rates than all the other sites listed here. They can set you up with a range of projects from short- to long-term, and will match you with projects that fit specifically to you and your skillset.
If you are looking for a highly qualified developer for your startup or any other high quality project, I strongly recommend you hire your developer from Toptal.
Note : This is the most Premium freelancer network that I’ve found on the web. Guys there are highly talented and are usually paid much higher than other sites.
The Process of Hiring
Here’s how easy it is to hire a freelancer from Toptal:
1. You submit a job posting with all your requirements.
2. Later, an expert from the Toptal team will get in touch with you.
3. The team will then find a selection of freelancers that fit your job requirements.
4. You can then select the ones that you like the most.
Key Toptal Features
- As the Toptal team does all the work, you don’t have to waste time searching for and screening freelancers
- Toptal’s freelancers are well-versed with multiple tools like Google Apps and project management software – making it easy for them to adapt to your preferred workspaces
- Toptal has one of the strictest screening procedures in the world – resulting in only the top 3% featuring on their platform.
- Once you decide on a freelancer, you have to make a $500 deposit that will be refunded once the job is finished.
- In addition to the deposit, you’ll have to pay the freelancer their hourly rate.
Upwork has become the world’s biggest marketplace now coming out
of merger between oDesk.com and Elance.com and is my personal favorite. oDesk
and Elance, the world’s two biggest freelance websites joined hands and merged
to form Upwork.com in middle of 2015 forming a big competitor for
Freelance.com. But even after so much noise around people opposing this decision
of theirs, I personally think it is still the same amazing place for finding
jobs and hiring freelancers.
When I started my freelance career I did it with these sites and now I feel good that I have one website and one portfolio.
Upwork provides very high quality service and the fees that they take for projects is also small.
The most important thing that I love about Upwork is their support team. It never happened that they were not able to respond to my queries and problems.
The Process Of Hiring:
Upwork gives you two options to hire a graphic designer:
1. You can post a job listing and have freelancers respond to it.
2. You can go through their profiles manually and reach out to freelancers by yourself.
Key Upwork Features
- Search filters to help you narrow down your skill search quickly
- A built-in work diary that helps you track the hours freelancers spend on your projects
- Built-in online workspace to collaborate with your graphic designer and share feedback.
- Upwork also has powerful mobile apps for Android and iOS to help you manage freelancers on the move.
Upwork comes with three plans:
- Basic (Free) : 3 freelancers per job post + safe payment options + transaction reporting
- Plus ($49.99/month): 15 freelancers per posting + dedicated account management + advanced collaboration features
- Business ($499/month): unlimited invites to freelancers + premium customer support + advanced job post and talent sourcing tools
It is difficult to beat SimplyHired when it comes to the variety of freelancing jobs. From personal care to high tech, from administrative to construction, this is the marketplace for online and offline freelance jobs. The site lists jobs from 24 different countries. Besides job listing, the site includes other useful resources like company directory, success stories and career development tips.
It is the world’s largest marketplace for small services. The most interesting part is you can create gigs for as low as $5. It can prove to be a money making system for you even if you don’t know the coding or design stuff. Just have a look at the gigs others are creating and see if you can do that too. If you can do something very usual that people may be willing to pay $5 for then you can make a significant amount of money here.
The Process Of Hiring
1. You can post job listings that freelancers respond to.
2. You can go through a freelancer’s profile and reach out to them
if their skill set meets your requirements.
Key Fiverr Features
- Fiverr highlights each freelancer’s seller level to help you
quickly identify the best-rated freelancers.
- Fiverr is extremely affordable as it has no membership fees and
offers services at just $5 (which is where its name comes from)!
- It has multiple search filters to help you zero-in on the best
designers for your freelance work.
All purchases on Fiverr.com are subjected to a $2 service fee
for work up to $40, and a 5% fee for services above $40.
Since 2001, this platform enables freelancers to showcase their skills and services and to find appropriate jobs. Freelancers and employers both create their profiles on the site and enter into a job contract after reviewing each other’s professional reputation. A freelancer manages his/her activities through Work Room and payments are made following the SafePay system.
Freelancers, looking for good pay jobs in designing, writing, IT, marketing, administration, and other fields
The Process of Hiring
Guru gives you two ways to hire freelancers
1. Post a job listing on their job board and you’ll receive quotes from potential candidates
2. Browse through a freelancers’ profiles and reach out to them directly for a quote.
Key Guru.com Features
- Guru conducts an extensive screening process to verify each freelancer before they’re featured on the platform.
- You even get a dedicated WorkRoom that lets you communicate and collaborate over your freelance jobs
- Guru.com is extremely affordable as there are no membership fees.
- There are no membership fees to join Guru.com.
- They only levy a 2.9% fee on every payment you make via e-wallets and debit/credit sign up here.
This site brings together people who are either seeking or offering services relating to writing, web development, designing, social media, business development etc. It is a UK-based company, which follows a system, pretty similar to other freelancing sites. On this site, you will find both online as well as on-site freelancing gigs. Jobs are either fixed price or hourly type.
The Process of Hiring
On PeoplePerHour, you can either:
- Submit a project brief and let the freelancers come to you with their quotes.
- Purchase pre-set packages (termed as “Offers”) from freelancers.
- Go through the platform and identify freelancers you’d like to hire and connect with them directly.
Key PeoplePerHour Features
- Freelancers on PeoplePerHour can offer you pre-set packages – saving you the time of negotiating deliverables and project scope.
- Most of the designers here are required to be familiar with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator – giving you all the design flexibility you need.
- There’s a dedicated project stream that allows you to easily communicate and collaborate with your freelancer.
PeoplePerHour doesn’t have any membership fees. You can instantly sign up with your social media accounts to get started. However, they do charge a service fee of $0.78 + 10% of the total payment made to the freelancer.
Founded in 2009, Freelancer.com is a powerful freelancing website that’ll help you find your ideal candidates who are fit for your graphic design jobs. You can even
hire them for a part-time or a full-time role.
The Process of Hiring
You can hire freelancers by:
- Using their search filters to identify freelancers that fit your job requirements and reaching out to them directly.
- Posting job listings and screening the freelancers that apply.
- Conducting contests where freelancers can pitch their ideas to you and you can select the one with the best concept.
Key Freelancer.com Features
- The platform creates a detailed design portfolio for each freelancer – allowing you to carefully screen candidates.
- Freelancer.com conducts certification exams to verify each freelancer’s skillset.
- Streamlined dispute resolution system with active customer support.
Freelancer.com has four membership plans:
- Intro Plan ($0.87/month): 15 bids per month + unlimited project bookmarks
- Basic Plan ($4.59/month): 50 bids per month + preferred freelancer + 3 highlighted contest entries
- Plus Plan ($10.18/month): 100 bids per month + daily withdrawal requests +5 highlighted contest
- Professional Plan ($27.91/month): 300 bids per month + 15 highlighted contest entries + premium freelancer insights
This site includes only designing gigs in the form of contests. A client puts forward his/her design brief. Freelance designers work on that. Only the approved design wins the prize money.
In my opinion, this site offers immense opportunities to aspiring designers. Even if you don’t win a contest, the designs you make will be a great addition to your portfolio.
The Process of Hiring
First, you submit a project brief of your requirements to the platform
- Later, the project brief is sent to the freelance who then submits their pitches.
- You can then select the one that you like the most and hire them for your freelance work
Key 99designs Features:
- 99designs also lets you conduct contests where you can select the freelancer with the best proposal.
- Every freelancer on 99designs has been thoroughly screened and vetted to ensure you’re only dealing with the best.
- 99designs boasts of a 24-48 hour resolution time for all complaints and disputes.
You can browse through three fixed-price membership packages:
- Bronze ($199/month): for 30 design concepts
- Silver ($299/month): for 60 design concepts
- Gold ($599/month): for 90 design concepts
9. LinkedIn ProFinder
A new entry in the online freelancing space, LinkedIn ProFinder helps businesses and recruiters find the best freelancers. Launched in 2015, this platform is currently only available to U.S-based LinkedIn members.
The Process of Hiring
- Submit your job request on LinkedIn ProFinder
- Within 24 hours, LinkedIn will notify you with a list of potential freelancers that are nearby.
- the list will begin with people in your network, then your mutual networks, and so on.
- You can then reach out to a freelancer you like for your project.
Key LinkedIn ProFinder Features
- As you don’t have to do the searching yourself, Linkedin ProFinder is a great way to quickly find freelancers to connect with.
- Linkedin ProFinder lets you directly message freelancers on the platform to help you build meaningful long-term connections.
A monthly membership to ProFinder costs $60.
DesignHill is another popular freelance graphic design website that helps you find talented graphic designers for your projects.
The Process of Hiring:
- DesignHill gives you three options to hire a graphic designer:
- You can run design contests and hire the designers who impressed you the most.
- You can select its built-in Design Services and get custom design services offered by the platform’s own designers.
- You can also opt for One to One Projects where you can directly contact a freelancer for a project.
Key DesignHill Features
- DesignHill lets you conduct design contests where freelancers respond with proposals and you can hire the one you like the most.
- As DesignHill has a built-in graphic design team, you can quickly get talented designers to work on your projects.
- DesignHill allows you to ask for as many revisions as you want without any additional fees. There’s also a 100% refund guarantee in case you’re unsatisfied with the work.
DesignHill has four membership packages:
- Fast Track ($199/month): for 20-40 designs
- Standard ($399/month): for 40-60 designs
- Executive ($699/month): for 60-80 designs
- Premium ($999/month): for 80+ designs
All plans come with 24/7 customer support
Being a freelancer means that you have more flexibility in choosing your next job while having the freedom of when and where to do it.
To help you realize your new career path, we have listed the Top 10 Online Freelance Job Sites for you. Here is a brief overview of some of the best:
- Toptal: A newer player in the freelance game, Toptal is great for experienced software developers.
2. Upwork: Upwork has become the world’s biggest marketplace now coming out of a merger between oDesk.com and Elance.com and is my personal favorite.
3. Simplyhired: From personal care to high tech, from administrative to construction, this is the best marketplace for online and offline freelance jobs
5. Guru:Since 2001, this platform enables freelancers to showcase their skills and services and to find appropriate jobs.
7. Freelancer.com: is a powerful freelancing website that’ll help you find your ideal candidates who are fit for your graphic design jobs.
8. 99designs:This site includes only designing gigs in the form of contests.
9. LinkedIn ProFinder: LinkedIn ProFinder helps businesses and recruiters find the best freelancers.
10. DesignHill: DesignHill is another popular freelance graphic design website that helps you find talented graphic designers for your projects.
If this is the case don’t hesitate to share it with your friends.
Do you have a question? Drop it in the comment section below.