Today I’m really thrilled to tell you about Brenda Gantt Biscuit Recipe Measurements, a traditional and tasty biscuit recipe. This exquisite biscuit was created by Brenda Gantt, an American cook. This is also the inspiration behind the recipe’s name.
These delectable biscuits are simple to make at home and include no inaccessible ingredients. It’s not only full of delicious ingredients, but also a healthy package of balanced protein and other nutrients. So there’s no need to be concerned about the health facts.
Now, I’ll show you how simple it was to make these biscuits at home using just a few ingredients.
- All-purpose / White Lily self-rising flour- 3 cups.
- Crisco/ Butter- 2 cups.
- Salt- 1 tsp (as per taste).
- Granulated sugar- 2 /3 tsp.
- Butter flavoured shortening / Frozen unsalted butter- 1 cup.
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp.
- Buttermilk / whole milk- 2 cups.
- Butter- 3 tsp.
- Honey- 4 tsp.
- Bread cutter
- Pastry blender/ a fork
- Cast iron griddle
- A large bowl
How to Make Brenda Gantt Biscuit
- Grease your pan: Grease the interior surface of a cast iron black griddle by smearing it with butter or Crisco. It ensures that the bottom sides of biscuits remain soft and light after baking.
- Prepare the flour: Take a big mixing bowl. 3 cups all-purpose flour or white Lily self-rising flour. 1 teaspoon salt. Make a central hole in the flour, similar to a bird’s nest. Using your palm, press the flour rounds.
- Pour 2 cups of milk into the flour hole, followed by 2 cups of buttermilk. You can also substitute full milk. Mix with 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Add some Crisco: Now, stir in some Crisco. It’s around the size of two tiny eggs. Put it there right now. If you can’t find Crisco, you can substitute sour cream. It’s also a lovely replacement.
- Begin squashing it: Using Your hands, begin squashing it roundly. Continue squeezing the flour, Crisco, and milk together from the bottom to the top. Make certain that no lumps remain. Form a soft dough.
- Use two fingers from your other hand to properly dry your hand. And remove the sticky dough from your hands to clean them. Now, wash both hands and dry them with some flour sprinkles. It will no longer be sticky.
- Prepare the biscuit dough: Spread some dry flour on a clean surface and roll out the dough in it. Press the dough between your palms and press it down. Make a breaded patty about 3 inches thick. The biscuit dough is now ready to be sliced.
- Cut the biscuit dough: This is where you go to cut the dough into biscuits. Cut the dough into the desired shape with a pastry cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place the biscuits in the buttered pan. The faster you bake the biscuits, the softer and moister they will be. Don’t bake it slowly since it will dry out.
- Before serving: Remove the biscuits from the oven two times before serving. Buttermilk and honey should be used to grease them. Then return them to the oven. As a result, it will be baked for around 10 minutes. Then place them on a dish and serve with tea.
Though it is preferable to consume these cookies immediately, they can also be stored for later use. However, it must be kept unbaked. Otherwise, hard and chewy biscuits will result.
- Serving 8
- Protein 4gr
- Calories 100kcal
- Fat 2gr
- Carbs 12g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Fiber 2mg
- Iron 1gr
- Calcium 3mg
- Sugar 4g
Brenda Gantt uses a quick method to create her biscuits. She wants to bake the biscuits as soon as she can after creating the dough. Because she prefers tender and soft biscuits. You may get the same flavour by following her instructions. If you prefer a crispier texture, bake it for a few minutes longer. These delectable biscuits pair well with tea, coffee, and spicy snacks. Simply test these out on your loved ones.